Season 2 is announced! Yay the madhouse curse is broken!See the full team here!
I'd like to put some costume notes here because this was the first time I printed cloth for a costume.
I went for a look inbetween the LN and anime because of practicality (and prettyness). The pure brown cloth in the anime is pretty ugly, so I decided to put her centipede leggy patterns on. The cloth was vectored in illustrator and I had to think about the pattern beforehand in order to print a "ready to sew" garment. A lot of frills and cutting and burning slits were involved, and her skirt is some nonsense longer in the back pleated skirt which was a pain to work out. I went with full pleats and the entire length of cloth for the skirt ended up at 225cm. There's supposed to be a pannier inside the skirt but I have no clue how to do that properly, V1 was exactly the same pattern in a pannier that added a lot of bulk which looked bad, V2 had a pannier that restricted my movement despite being a half circle skirt and I had to slash it open for the shoot, V3 I just gave up and sewed the ruffles directly to the skirt which kinda messed the pleating up a bit because of the extra bulk but looked ok. I didn't like the triangle lace she has in the anime, so I used the ruffles she has in the LN and the overall yukata thing design. however I left out some of the details from the LN cause ho shit so-bin draws alot of details. The socks I went for a hybrid between the LN and anime because that's all I could find. I now have a source for printing stockings so that would change in future if I need to do unreasonably hard to find socks again.
My "hair" and arms are made of eva foam, the hair cut out and shaped into tubes because I have soome experience with that since I love my bug girls. There are wires inside the face framing hair to adjust that when I wear it. The arms were dremeled eva.
Stuff I'm not happy with:
I spent a vast amount of time making a mask from my facecast only to find that it actually looked worse than my own face even though I moulded it to be nicer looking with bigger eyes and stuff. It also looked pretty terrifying and not at all like a pretty maid. This led to other parts of the costume suffering because I wasted a lot of time on this sob.
For the obi ribbon thing, I originally experimented with red PVC which looked really nice but I failed maths a bit so I got a pretzel instead of a ribbon and I ran out of time so I made this saussage one. It serves well.
I would have liked to make the apron strap bug legs too but I ran out of time and...my body isn't very big so it'd look even more cluttered.
The apron was made with glue those triangle bits are glued on HAHAHAHAHHA it's shit
I ps-ed on the turtleneck cause I had it in my bag along with the two red bows...sigh. I also later added the ribbon detail on the obi and talismans to my socks(I later wore the complete costume for supanova perth but noone took pics of that LOL)
Thanks if you read all of that!